Registration & Costs

Two people talking

College Edge students register and pay for their course separately from their regular Autumn quarter tuition. There are also specific requirements and policies for other aspects of the program, such as advising and orientation, credits, grades, drops and withdrawals.


You don’t have to complete a separate application for College Edge— all incoming UW Seattle first-year students are eligible. You can select and register for your College Edge course in your New Student Checklist. 

Advising & Orientation

All students must have registered for Parts 1 and 2 of your UW Advising & Orientation session before you begin your College Edge course. See the advising and orientation page for more details.

Tuition Rate

Enrollment in all College Edge courses costs $2150. This tuition rate is the same for in-state, out-of-state and international students. Once you have selected and committed to your College Edge course by July 12th, you will be enrolled and the fee of $2150 will be added to your student tuition account. This fee covers your enrollment in your College Edge course and advising. If you wish to live on campus during College Edge, visit the UW Housing and Food Services website to secure your spot in the available UW Residence Halls.

Financial Aid

If you would like to attend College Edge and you have applied for financial aid for the coming academic year, you may file an aid revision request with the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA). You can find the revision request form on the OSFA website. Contact the office at 206-543-6101 or

Once OSFA receives your request, they'll determine if your financial aid award can be increased. Students participating in College Edge are automatically considered for a small pool of scholarship funds, which are awarded based on need. If you don't receive a scholarship, you may be eligible for an increase in student or parent loans.

If you qualify for financial aid for College Edge, you can defer paying for your course until you pay for autumn quarter, when your aid will be disbursed.

Students planning to use funds from a GET 529 plan to cover the cost of College Edge must direct funds to us by filling out the Direct Payment Request Form (separate from the one filled out for Student Fiscal Services) and select UWPCE as the payee.

Credits & Grades 

Find out about policies regarding credits and grades in College Edge. 

Drops & Withdrawals

Learn what to do if you need to drop or withdraw from your course.